Thursday, November 18, 2010

Kyle, Rogers High Senior | Rogers Arkansas Senior Photographer

Sometimes, when I begin a session without meeting someone, it can be a bit nerve wracking. Kind of like a first date if you will....will we connect, will I sense their true personality, will the family be on board with our ideas. I know I can take a good picture, but my desire is to capture a piece of that person, their true self, forever. This takes more than a good camera, great light, or nice scenery. It takes more than nice clothes, great hair, or posing. It takes a vulnerability with the camera. It takes the ability to look into the camera as though you are looking at yourself in the mirror, and examining pieces of your soul, bit by bit. This is difficult for many...well probably for most. Some are embarrassed, some don't know what is needed, some are too guarded. I'm sure there are a million and one reasons. So, much of photography is waiting. Waiting for the protective film to lift away from the eyes, and the true self to shine through.

I hope I have caught some glimpses of Kyle, because in the short time I had with him, it became evident he is someone to know. Full of energy, confidence, and thoughtfulness, it became quickly apparent that he has so much to offer the world as he prepares to enter it.

And his Mom, Stacy...so quick to smile and laugh, and obviously fiercely in love with her kids. Her pride literally makes her glow.

Cool people. I like my job.

And here he is...congratulations Kyle, may you have an amazing senior year!








No comments: